- 5th Biennial High-level Meeting of the Development Cooperation Forum (DCF), July 21, 2016
- Conference on Economics and Politics of Local Governments: The Indian Experience
- 11th Annual Conference on Economic Growth and Development
- NCAER Seminar: The World Bank’s India Development Update 2015: Fiscal Policy for Equitable Growth, November 2015
- IGEG Conference, October 2015
- Present State of Goods and Services Tax (GST) Reform in India, Canberra, August 2015
- New Rules for New Horizons: Reshaping Finance for Stability, Paris, July 2015
- The New Development Bank: Identifying Strategic and Operational Priorities, New Delhi, June 2015
FIMI - Sustainable Mining Summit , May 9-10, 2016, Bhubaneswar
NIPFP faculty Associate Professor, Dr. Lekha Chakraborty was one of the speakers at the ‘Sustainable Mining Summit’, 2016 organised by the Federation of Indian Mineral Industries (FIMI) in Bhubaneswar, May 9-10, 2016. FIMI president H Noor Ahmed inaugurated the mining summit. The Sustainable Mining Summit is a platform which aims to bring all the stakeholders to discuss the mining sector issues.
Tata Steel MD TV Narendran, FIMI vice-president Sanjay Pattnaik and Ministry of Employment and Forest IG Deepak Sinha were present as guest speakers. In the technical Session, Dr. Chakraborty presented the international and Indian experiences of mining taxation in her presentation titled "Mining Taxation Regime: India and International Experiences". The other panelists of the technical session were Managing Director of Rio Tinto, PC Sahu of Mesco and Debanjan Bandhopadhyay.