Social Pension in India: A Precursor to a Universal Basic Income Program
- Start date July, 2021
- Sponsor Self-initiated
- Project leader 14. Social Pension in India: A Precursor to a Universal Basic Income Program
Social pension in India is discussed as a component of a universal basic income programme. The extant programme in India is contextualised in a global setting and assessed specifically on efficiency and adequacy in identification (of beneficiaries) and servicing (of benefits).
MCA Research Programme
- Start date Feb., 2019
- Completion date Jan., 2021
- Sponsor Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Project leader Ila Patnaik
- Consultants/Other authors Pratik Datta, Sudipto Banerjee, Karthik Suresh, Medha Raju, Shubho Roy
The proposed framework has been designed for a formal research programme between MCA and NIPFP for three years. Under this programme, NIPFP will provide necessary legal, policy and research support to MCA in connection with the statutory responsibilities of the MCA.
Recommendations of the Fifteenth Finance Commission: Implications for Health Spending at the State Level
- Start date Sept., 2021
- Completion date May, 2022
- Sponsor BMGF under Approaches to Public Financing of Health in India: The Way Forward
- Project leader Mita Choudhary
- Consultants/Other authors Garima Nain
The study is trying to analyse the implications of the recommendations of the Fifteenth Finance Commission for health spending at the state level.
Digitisation and Updating of State Finances from Finance Accounts – Data Bank. Continuous
- Sponsor NIPFP
- Project leader H.K. Amarnath
- Consultants/Other authors Rohit Dutta
Updating of state finances information from Finance Accounts, Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG), GoI. We have the information from 1987-88 to 2019-20 for all the 29 states.
Updating of Public Finance Information and Making it Available Online for the Faculty in Digital Format from Finance Accounts 2017-18 of the Respective States. Completed for fiscal year 2020-21
- Sponsor NIPFP
- Project leader Rohit Dutta and Amar Nath
Making the information available online for the faculty in digital format.