- Email email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 26569303 Ext. 182
Bhabesh Hazarika is an Economist at the National Institute of Public Finance and Policy (NIPFP), New Delhi. His research areas are public policy, public finance management, development economics, economics of the choice decision, and entrepreneurship. Dr. Hazarika has studied at the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (Ph.D. in Economics from Department of Humanities and Social Sciences) and Gauhati University, Guwahati (M.A. in Economics). He has published his research papers in peer reviewed journals like Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Asia Pacific Management Review, Asian Journal of Women's Studies, Journal of Small Business & Entrepreneurship, and International Journal of Social Economics. Dr. Hazarika is a member of various professional associations including International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, Southern Economic Association, Indian Society for Ecological Economics, and also a referee of a couple of international journals and conferences.
Public Policy, Labour Economics, Health Economics, Entrepreneurship
Public Policy, Impact Evaluation, Public Expenditure Management
- (2019), "Why women handloom micro entrepreneurs earn less than their male counterpart? A Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition approach", In De, U., & Ghosh, B. N. (Eds.), Deprivation, Development and Empowerment of Women in India: North-East Perspectives (pp. 1–38)
- (2019), "State finances of Arunachal Pradesh in the post reform period", In Nayak et al. (eds) “Hill Economics and Sustainable Development in India: Emerging Realities (pp. 224-245).
- (2019), "Entrepreneurial motivations of socio-cultural relevance: an exploratory analysis in the handloom industry in Assam", Asian Journal of Women’s Studies, 25(3), 317-351. Available at https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/12259276.2019.1637391
- (2019), "Gender income gap in rural informal micro-enterprises: an unconditional quantile decomposition approach in the handloom industry", Journal: Eurasian Business Review. (Springer) https://rdcu.be/bT5jc
- (2019), "A Report on Assessing Employment Generation under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban)", Sponsored by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Goverment of India
Reviewer: Fianancial Innovation (Springer); Journal of Small Business Management (Wiley); Journal of Small Business & Entrepreneurship (Taylor & Francis); International Journal of Development Issues (Emerald); Journal of Developmental Entrepreneurship (World Scientific); Journal of World Economic Research, (SciencePG); Assam Economic Review (Gauhati University).